If you are not confident whether your article is qualified and able to compete on SERP, using free tools like google alerts can help us to measure the quality of our articles. Google alert is not an SEO machine, but we take advantage of the features of google alerts to find out the content we deserve to be shared in Google search engine. These techniques are shared by Matthew Woodward on his website, how he monitors the quality of the content of his article.
Table of Contents
What is google alerts ?
According To Wikipedia, Google Alerts is a content change detection and notification service, offered by the search engine company Google. The service sends emails to the user when it finds new results such as web pages, newspaper articles, blogs, or scientific research that match the user’s search term(s).
This technique is simple, but it’s really helpful in determining and providing a sense confident that you publish articles that have already worth reading people “by Google”. What ways are effective or not, but just trust each tool owned by Google.
How to use google alerts settings to check the quality of your article ?
- Go to Google.com/alerts and enter your website address. Use Parameter “site:yourdomain.com”.
- Use the following settings by pressing the show options link.
- Testing with publishing a new article. And then submit the article to the Google Webmaster Tools
- Allow up to 24 hours, if there is no incoming email from Google Alerts, it means that content you create is not yet qualified as “best results” by Google. That is, you should re-edit your article. If you’ve received an email by google, does mean your article is eligible to compete with competitors in SERP.
If you successful improve your article, you will get an email from google alerts as the following image
I personally do not often use SEO Score tools, just use Google Alerts just to save time you posting.
But keep in mind again, using Google Alerts aren’t guarantee of your article will be on the first page in Google Search Engine Machine, because the science of SEO it is uncertain
Some SEO experts recommend the following ways in order to qualify for google alerts
- the article at least 300 words (keyword in the title, URL, content 1 percent).
- at least 1 image with ALT filled with the keyword.
- at least 1 youtube video.
- 1 external link to an authority site.
- 1 internal link.
- Using unique theme
Hope these article useful for you 🙂