Seegatesite will share an article about how to create a table of contents wordpress. A blog site is no different from a book, create a list of the contents of a blog allows visitors to search for the article needed. The table of contents is identical to the sitemap on the website, the difference is if the sitemap easier for search engine bots to crawl our article, while the table of contents allows visitors to find the article. Usually the list of contents was made on a special page that is only used to display the title and sorted by category.
WordPress.org provides a plugin called PS Auto Sitemap, this plugin is used to compile a list of the contents of your blogs by category and title, so that visitors who want to find the article just go to the the page table of contents and search the desired title.
Seegatesite choose PS Auto Sitemap because in addition to lightweight,its easy to setting. Only with 3 steps you get a table of contents wordpress with an attractive appearance. The picture below is table of contents wordpress using the PS auto sitemap plugin
How to create a table of contents wordpress’s blog in 3 steps
1. Install PS auto sitemap plugin from plugins menu
Find PS auto sitemap plugin from seach column wordpress or we can directly download from wordpress.org
Then install and activate it.
2. Create a new wordpress page and set title as “table of contents” . Then open html tab (Text mode) and write the following code.
Then publish it.
3. Once you do publish, you will get a post id of the page , as shown below,
Copy the post id and go to ps auto sitemap menu (setting -> ps auto sitemap). Paste post id to “postid of the sitemap“.
Adjust settings and styles as you wish.
Now, you can display a list of the contents from your wordpress content.
Thus article on 3 Steps Create a Table of Contents WordPress Blog With Auto Ps Sitemap. Hope it is useful
Latest posts by Sigit Prasetya Nugroho (see all)
- Senior java tech lead – the critic and applause-giver! - January 6, 2017
- Tutorial Create Dynamic Sidebar Menu on MySQL, Node.js, Express, AdminLTE For Beginner - December 20, 2016